Close this search box.

Contact Us


Grand Bay National Estuarine
Research Reserve
6005 Bayou Heron Road
Moss Point, MS 39562

Phone: (228) 475-7047

Fax: (228) 475-8097

Hours of Operation

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 7:30AM to 4PM
Interpretive Area:
Monday-Friday 9AM to 3PM


For best results, type our address into your navigation app on your phone or GPS. Sometimes searching for “Grand Bay NERR” will lead you to a spot on the reserve, but not the actual building. 

From I-10, take Exit 75 (Franklin Creek Road) and head south towards Hwy 90. Turn right on Hwy 90 (heading west) and travel approximately 1.2 miles to Pecan Road. There will be a left hand turn lane here, but no signal light. (If you pass Pascagoula Auto Salvage and the Gator Farm, you have gone too far.) Turn left on Pecan Road. Travel approximately ½ mile and take your first right and cross over the railroad tracks. Bayou Heron Road turns off to the right. Continue right on Bayou Heron Rd. You will see the Center approximately 1 mile down the road on the right-hand side.

Are you looking for...

  • An emergency contact?
    Call the Department of Marine Resources Marine Patrol at 228.523.4134
  • Hunting and fishing licenses?
    Contact the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks at| 601.432.2400
  • Boating information?
    Contact the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks at | 601.432.2400
  • To report a manatee sighting?
    Call 866.493.5803
  • To report injured or orphaned wildlife?
    Call the Wildlife Care and Rescue Center at 228.669.2737
  • To report a dead or injured sea turtle?
    Call the Mississippi Sea Turtle Stranding Network at 228.369.4796
  • To report a stranded marine mammal?
    Call the Stranding Network at 888.SOS.Dolphin.
  • To report hazardous materials spill?
    Report any spill to the 24-hour State Warning Point at the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency. 1-800-222-6362. Spills of any pollutant, not just hazardous materials, that may affect state waters, land, air or public health must be reported.