ArcGIS Desktop 1: Getting Started with GIS (Version 10)By admin | June 28th, 2012 | Category:
This course teaches the fundamental concepts and basic functions of a GIS, the properties of GIS maps, and the structure of a GIS database. In course exercises, you will develop basic software skills by working with ArcGIS Desktop tools to visualize geographic data, create maps, query a GIS database, and analyze data using common analysis tools.
Who Should Attend
• Individuals who do not have any prior GIS education or workplace experience with GIS
• Managers and GIS support staff who infrequently use ArcGIS and need to understand how GIS fits into their organization
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Understand what GIS is, what it can do, and how others are using it.
• See how your organization can benefit from a GIS.
• Create a basic GIS map.
• Work with different types of geographic data.
• Access information about geographic datasets and features.
• Apply a systematic approach to analyzing data to find patterns and relationships.
Online registration will begin in June, 2012. The registration fee is $220 (Free for MS local and state government agency employees. IHL and CC/JC employees and students not eligible).
Contact Scott Samson, Extension Professor and Geospatial Extension Specialist, Geosystems Research Institute for more information about course content: email@example.com or (662) 325-9491